Tuesday 8 November 2011

Week 5



This is a 15 minute drawing. I chose to draw this building due to the perspective and the different interpretation as to which you can draw this building. Whilst drawing this particular piece I focused on how to make the building look realistic. I think this drawing was unsuccessful in conveying a one point perspective drawing however it was successful in representing the main structure of the building.


This sketch took me 10 minutes. This sketch shows a good value of composition  because the focus is not based on the center of the image thus following the rule of third. Also this sketch gives a sense of depth as to where each object lies.

This particular drawing took me 10 minutes. What I like about this drawing is that it gives a good outline of the structure however it is unsuccessful in giving a sense of realism in the subject. I used the impressionistic technique on the bricks in this drawing to give a broad idea of what is there.

Here in this drawing I have used the one point perspective rule to create one of the buildings. It also gives an idea of composition as I have drawn the foreground, midground and the background to give a better sense of distance.


I used fine liner specifically for this drawing to get a better definition of the lines. For this drawing I have mainly used linear lines to represent the shading as well as the structure. Using the impressionistic technique I was able to create an illusion of the bricked wall, without me having to draw every single brick individually. This drawing took me 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment