Tuesday 8 November 2011

Week 6

On this week's drawing I mainly focused on shading and texture. It took me about 35 minutes to do this drawing. It is vital to get the dark and light patches correct so I used B, 3B and 6B pencils. Using the side of the pencil technique allowed me to get that light/dark rough shading on the flower which turned out really well, the cloth itself was pretty much straight forward as one side was a lot darker than the other due to the light hitting the surface, so I had to use 6B to get that dark shading. The fact that I drew the 2 spot lights gave a good idea of the composition. The flower jar was a solid object so I mainly used dark shading to show that whereas the cloth was more smooth surfaced for which I used both high key and low key. 

 Here is a another drawing of a solid plastic object, this took me roughly about 30 minutes. The object is pretty much plane but there is still some reflection on the surface which I showed it by light shading. I mainly focused on the texture of the object this time which was smooth and a semi reflective. I achieved that semi-reflective look by using the side of my pencil and doing some light hatching and crosshatching shading.

No comments:

Post a Comment