Sunday 20 November 2011

Week 8

The image above shows the contrast between a plastic computer mouse and a glass perfume bottle. For this particular drawing I decided to go for monotone drawing and only used brown coloured pencil. Here I've shown a good comparison between a glass and plastic; glass which is see-through and most of the lights can pass through which makes it a good reflector, whereas the plastic doesnt allow any light to go through hence poor reflectivity. However they both produce some light and dark tonal values. The glass causes diffuse reflection due to bumpy surface whereas the plastic mouse which has a smoother surface causes specular reflection.

Here is another example of me demonstrating surface reflectivity. I chose to draw my headphones as it had a smooth polished finish to it's ear pieces, which can be another good example of specular reflection, this specularity is shown in the ear shell of the headphones. By using a fine liner I was able to create a better contrast between light and dark regions by using hatches and cross hatches technique. As you can see the ear pieces have reflected lights on certain parts.
For both of these drawings I switched off the lights and turned on a side lamp to get a better view of the reflectivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment