Sunday 23 October 2011

Week 4

This drawing shows a quick sketch of a towel hanging off a hanger, it took me about 4-5 minutes to do this. I did this sketch just to practice the lighting and the texture of the material. This drawing has both smooth and rough shading in order to emphasis on certain parts of the towel.

This drawing on the other hand has more of a rough shading compared to the last one, this one took me about 10 minutes to draw using 5B pencil. As you can see it gives us a rough idea of the type of material just by looking at the shading; dark and light regions, and where the folds are. I have used crosshatching shading effect just to make certain parts darker.

This drawing gives a much better idea of lighting and texture, this took me about 20 minutes. I have created nice and smooth curves using just 5B pencil either using the tip of the pencil or the side depending what region I'm shading. I have also used some basic shading effect such as hatching, crosshatching just to give it that extra texture and it certainly did work well for me as it made some of the folds stand out. The smooth and rough shading effect gave a volume to the object and it does look like its spreading on some other object underneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment