Sunday 9 October 2011

Week 2

The view through my bedroom window. As I was sitting on my laptop I opened my curtains and liked the view so I started to observe everything infront of my window and then I started sketching whatever I saw, started off with the building and ending on the window frames. This drawing was done using B,2B,and 6B  it took me roughly about 30 minutes and is mainly based on organic shapes around us. The main point about this drawing is that It gives a good idea on a perspective view as I captured a 3D environment onto a 2D plane. My horizon line is the line just below the trees and this is pretty much a single point perspective. The vanishing point lies in the center of the image and on top of the tallest tree. I used 6B for shading the tree as it makes certain branches stand out, giving it life!  
I like this drawing and that is because it feels as if its alive and looking back at you, I believe it is due to the technique I've used for the shading which really helped specific objects to stand out.

However if I was to do another similar drawing I would make sure that I get all the angles right and practice more on my perspective drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment