Sunday 4 December 2011

Week 10

This quick 1 minute sketch represents Gesture drawing as to how the body parts move as the person keeps changing positions. I really enjoyed this technique as it allowed me to look at body parts individually whilst the person was moving giving me the sense of urgency. Even though the sketch is not very clear however it does convey the idea of movement.

I chose to post week 9s sketch on this weeks blog as it represents a sort of movement. This technique is called continuous line drawing which I believe is best for showing movement. Good representation of movement however this sketch failed to produce the right body proportion as the size of legs seem to be out of proportion compared to the rest of the body. I personally prefer this technique for loosening up my hands.

Here is a quick 5 minute Sketch of male human anatomy. What I like about this drawing is the body posture as it seems straight however the proportion isn't correct as the arms and legs are too short for the rest of the body.


This drawing took me 10 minutes. What I like about this sketch is the correct proportion of the figure and the shading technique used for the cloth as it gives a good idea of the material and the folds are quite visible. However there is a fault in the posture of this figure as the spine does not lie in the correct place and neither it meets the back of the skull. 

No comments:

Post a Comment